Welcome to the first inaugural Montreal Winter Classic! This event will be taking place January 20-21st, 2018. It seemed fitting to host a box lacrosse tournament where Dr.George Beers was from and where he wrote the first official modern rules of the game. Even before Dr.Beers lacrosse games have been played for hundreds and thousands of years.
Montreal Winter Classic – Format
Senior tournament (21+)
Le Rinque (8355 Chemin Montview, Mont-Royal, QC H4P 2L9)
20 man roster (18 runners and 2 goalies)
8 TEAM MAXIMUM
Format: 2 Divisions, top two teams from each division advance to play for the cup. All other teams play for placement.
Saturday, January 20th – 9am-9pm
Sunday, January 21st – 9am-5pm
Cost: 1100 Cdn/team
- CLA rules
- 5 game minimum
- Games are 2 X 20 minute half’s (running time)
- 10 minute warm-up before every game
- 30 second shot clocks
- 2 CLA certified box referees per game
- 4’X4’6″ box nets
- Game MVP beer per team each game
- Fully loaded bar and restaurant in the venue
- 10 minute drive from partner hotel
- 10 minute drive from downtown Montreal
- Unforgettable time in Montreal playing box lacrosse.
Montreal Winter Classic – Accommodation and Team deposit
A partner hotel 10 minutes from the venue has offered to give all participants of the tournament discounted rooms for the weekend. Rooms are 40$ a night and have 2 double beds. Once team deposit is paid one will be put into contact with the hotel.
Team deposits are due December 1st, 2017. With any inquires about payment or the tournament you can contact [email protected]
See you on this floor in 2018!